Upcite Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets forth the content standards and guidelines applicable to all
users of Upcite.co.uk, a multi-vendor marketplace for the buying and selling of furniture. The policy applies when uploading content, communicating with other users, linking, or interacting in any way on our platform. It is designed to ensure a safe, respectful, and law-abiding environment, consistent with applicable UK laws and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. General Standards
2.1 Users must not upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any content that:
● Misrepresents the quality, origin, manufacturer, age, or any other aspect of the furniture being sold;
● Uses false or misleading images or descriptions of the furniture;
● Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
● Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
● Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
● Impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a representative of our website, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity.
2.2 Users must not use our site in any way that:
● Violates any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
● Is fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
● Harms or attempts to harm minors in any way;
● Transmits, or procures the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
3. Data Protection
3.2 Users should refrain from disclosing any personal data unless necessary and legally permitted.
4. Interaction with Other Users
4.1 Users, whether buyers or sellers are expected to treat all other users with respect and
honesty. Fraudulent activities, such as misrepresenting a product or its price, are strictly
5. Estimated Delivery
Delivery is assumed to be on a UK mainland basis where we estimate items will be delivered within 10 working days. This is an estimate and may be influenced by numerous factors including but not limited to; when the product was ordered, couriers, and shipping distance. Please contact the seller before purchasing to obtain accurate shipping information.
6. Consequences of Breach
6.1 Breaching this policy may result in immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of
your right to use our site, legal action against you, or disclosure of such information to law
enforcement authorities as we feel is necessary. Please understand the importance of this Acceptable Use Policy and your responsibility as a user of our site to uphold it. By using our site, you agree to comply with the above terms. We reserve the right to update this policy at any time without notice, so please review it periodically.
Last Updated: 5th July 2023
END OF POLICY