Who are we and what is this document?
members or third-party websites linked to Upcite. This policy applies to guest accounts, users with Upcite accounts and seller accounts and anyone who chooses to use or visits any of our sites or services. This policy does not apply to the practices of third-party sellers, whom of which are responsible for their own privacy policies and terms.
We may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller in the event we sell, transfer or buy any business. We require all third parties to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data in accordance with GDPR and data protection laws. We only permit third parties to use your personal data for their own specified purposes and in
accordance with the terms set out within this document.
Who can use our services?
To use our services, users must be 18 years or older. Minors under 18 may use Upcite under parental supervision, but the account holder remains personally responsible for all account activities.
How to contact us
Or call: 07549 873370
What personal data we collect?
Upon registration as a seller or a buyer on our platform, we collect necessary personal data such as your name, email address, and delivery location. This information is essential for facilitating
transactions and providing our services.
What data we may share with third parties?
Upon completion of a sale, your contact details are shared with the respective party to arrange delivery. We may also reach out to you for feedback on our services, which may be used for marketing purposes on our website.
How are payments processed?
We partner with Shopify, PayPal, and Stripe for payment processing.
Therefore, your payment details are shared with these third-party payment
processors to facilitate transactions.
If you decide to opt-in to marketing emails
If you opt-in for marketing emails, we may send you newsletters and other related content. Our email campaigns are handled via Mailchimp, and your email address is shared with these service providers.
You can opt out at any time.
Messaging other users on Upcite
We offer various platforms where users can interact with each other. While we encourage open communication, we urge you to exercise caution when sharing personal information. We will not tolerate discrimination and any violations
We process your personal data in alignment with our legitimate interests
which include improving our platform, maintaining security, facilitating
transactions, and sharing broad demographic information with stakeholders. Your
data will be retained as long as your account is active or as required by law.
Legal and Safety Obligations
We may release your personal data to comply with legal obligations, to
enforce or defend our rights, or to prevent harm to individuals or property.
Staying safe on Upcite
We employ various measures to protect your information. However, absolute security cannot be guaranteed. We advise you to create strong passwords and sign out of your account when not in use.
You have various rights under data protection laws such as:
• Right of access: at any time, you can request to see any information we hold on you (as well as any other relevant information). After being satisfied that you are entitled to see the requested information, we will provide you with your personal information subject to any applicable exemptions.
• Right of deletion: As long as there is no legitimate reason preventing otherwise, you can contact us to request deletion of your personal data.
• Right to be informed: you have the right to be told how your personal data will be used.
This privacy document, alongside other documents and polices on this website will be used to clearly state how your personal information will be used. They will also act as a means to share any updates to our privacy notices.
• Right to opt-out: At any time, you can opt-out of marketing communications by clicking “unsubscribe” within marketing emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may still need to retain personal information to help prevent you from
receiving future marketing communications.
• Right of correction: If you believe our personal information stored on you is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to correct those records. You may also choose to
check those records to help ensure accuracy.
• Right to object: You have the right to object processing when we are: using data for historical research or statistical purposes and we have no compelling rational behind that processing, for
marketing purposes and for legitimate interests.
• Right to restrict processing: If there is a disagreement about the accuracy or legitimate use of your personal information, you have the right to request a restricted use of your
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. Major changes will be communicated via email.
Contact us or report an issue to ICO
Contact us or report an issue to ICO
To exercise any of these rights, please send a description of the personal information in question to Upcite@outlook.com. If you are not happy with a response to a request or would like more
information, you can contact the information Commissioners Office (ICO) here.
END OF POLICY